Saturday 15 May 2010

Saturday Round Up

Here are a couple of the links I showed you in class. Have a look at what each theme park is advertising to get an idea of the kind of words they use and how they make their rides sound exciting.

Remember, you need to give in your advertisement on Wednesday!

Drayton Manor - this is the one that the Ward family visit in the summer holidays

Thorpe Park - I used to go there when I was little and the best ride was a bike with wobbly wheels. It's changed a bit.

Alton Towers - the most famous theme park in Britain. I went there once and queued for 90 minutes in the rain for a 45 second ride. Never again.

The winners of the mystery question last week were Adlan and Sulaiman again. Doesn't anyone else want housepoints?

2 comments:

Sulaiman said...

I think that the water got used to the mirror and stuck to it so that's why the mirror didn't fall. It's like putting glue on the mirror and then putting the cup of water on.

Sulaiman said...

Can i change my Mystery Question answer to:
I think that the mirror had a little bit of metal in it and so there was a little bit of magnetism going on with the water and the mirror so the water got attracted by the mirror.It sort of acted like a magnet.